Healthy “Snickers” Mousse
- 1 x frozen ripe banana
- 1 x ripe banana (not frozen)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter (I use the organic peanut butter from my local market)
- 2 teaspoons of raw organic cacao
- 3 chopped dates with pips removed
- dash of coconut water
- Loving Earth caramelised buckinis
- place the bananas, peanut butter, cacao and dates in a high powered blender or food processor and pour a small amount of coconut water over the top,
- blend and add more coconut water until you get the desired consistency.
- Spoon the mousse into small glasses and top with buckinis.
TIP: using frozen bananas allows you to enjoy this tasty treat straight away. If you dont have any frozen bananas or you’re pre-preparing for later you can just use unfrozen ripe bananas and leave the mousse to chill in the fridge for a while. Make sure to only add the buckinis just before you serve them so they stay crunchy and delicious.
Pesticides and Herbicides are gross…
Every day we ingest herbicides and pesticides in our bodies just from “fresh foods” unless you’re buying all organic food this will always be the case until something changes dramatically with our farming practices.
What we can do is wash our fresh fruit and vegetables in a mixture of water and raw apple cider vinegar. This removes 99% of the chemicals from the outside of the food.
All you need to do is fill up a bowl, or your sink with water and add just a few table spoons of the vinegar to the water. Wash your vegetables and you’re done! A great way to test this is with apples you buy from the supermarket. They are usually waxed to make them shiny. Washing them in this way will help to remove the wax from the apple so you can see firsthand what apple cider vinegar can do!
You can buy apple cider vinegar from the supermarket or a health food shop. My favourite is Paul Bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar.
If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com. I’m also open to suggestions on topics you’d like to hear more about.
Have a great day!