Month: August 2013
Here is one of my favourite and easy recipes to make, I like to cook this up and freeze it in meal sized portions for when I’m too busy to cook something or go to the shops. I also like to do this with soups as well. This means you’ll be less inclined to go get take away food which is no good for your health or your wallet.
- 1 cup of red split lentils
- 4 cups of water
- ½ thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Himalayan crystal salt to taste
- wash and drain the lentils thoroughly
- place the lentils in a saucepan with the 4 cups of water over a medium heat. While these are cooking use a spoon to skim any residue off the surface of the water.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the grated ginger and the turmeric. Partially cover the saucepan with the lid and simmer for one hour. Cook, stirring occasionally for another 30 mins until the lentils are tender.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pan over a low heat. Once the oil is melted add in the cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir oil and spice mix into the lentils and add salt to taste.
I like this on its own or with brown rice or quinoa for something a little more filling.
Sometimes I add different vegetables to the lentil mix. You might like to try adding in cauliflower and peas while the lentils are cooking, or try just adding in a a few cups of baby spinach when you are mixing in the spice mix.
These are from a series called camouflage of a vixen that I was a part of with Kimberley Munro also known as Berlemu Photography. This was such a fun day and she really has the most wonderful creative mind. It’s always so much fun to work with her.
Hope you enjoy these,
Love and LIght,
Recently I’ve experienced the end of a relationship that I treasured. This caused me to experience some intense emotional pain. It did hurt and I was sad for one whole day but then I decided that I wasn’t going to try to push away my emotional pain and I was going to really live this experience and be present with the emotions I was feeling.
I felt so alive! How wonderful it is to know I have such a great capacity to love others, how beautiful it is to have emotional connections to each other and the world. I feel so blessed to be so in tune with my emotional body and because of that I really have attracted some incredible souls in to my life.
Emotions are powerful, they are life energy in motion, it’s how we know when we’re on the right path and if you really experience them even painful emotions can be truly blissful. Even though I was experiencing this emotional pain I knew that I had made a great decision and that I was on the right path. I had no other reason to believe it I just felt it in my body and in my soul. This sense of knowing and appreciation for the emotional experience then led me to think of all the wonderful things to be grateful for in this instance.
I realised that I had so many wonderful and beautiful supportive relationships in my life. People who truly love me and I love them wholly who were happily there to support me and lift my spirits. It was through this incredibly high vibrational love frequency that I experienced that I was able to make some exceptionally exciting life decisions.
Big things are coming,
Feel it in your soul,